Sunday, 16 January 2011

Dreams really do come true sometimes.....


Hello my lovelies!

I'm sorry it's been such a long time.......
How are you all doing?

I'm still having problems with my health which is
one of the reasons I've been quiet for a while but I won't go into that today.
I need a day off!

I haven't forgotten you all...honest!

Today is a slightly better day for me....hence my blogging overdose!
I've caught up with all your news, all your goodies
and all your gorgeous plans for 2011....

Well hunnies, following on from my last blog post
let me tell my latest happy news....

We've been busy spending our pennies!

I'm such a happy bunny and can't stop beaming!
Some of my long awaited dreams have finally come true...



We've ordered the most sweetest summerhouse cabin
to be delivered at the end of Feb.....


We've purchased the most gorgeous hand painted dresser
who I've now named 'Daisy' as she has brightened my dining room so!

(This piccie is not a fab one so I have shown you another dresser similar to mine,
from a fellow blogger, I'm really sorry I've forgotten whose...)



I've treated myself to some pretty lettering for my kitchen
like these....


And I've finally made a start on my patchwork curtains for my kitchen!



I've been collecting images from Google and some of your lovely blogs
for several months now, hoping to gain some inspiration.

(All of the images I'm using today are from my 'Inspiration' folder.
I do hope I don't offend anyone if they are any of your piccies
from your blogs.
I've found them all from Google but some of them do appear on blogs....)

As our windows are so big,
(2.3m x 1.5m)
I couldn't decide whether I wanted a patchwork curtain just covering the top of our window
similar to this one...


or whether to have a proper set of closing curtains similar to this design
with a roller blind...


In the end I've opted to have some lace curtains similar to these as my lining...


 
with non-closing patchwork curtains for our main window
and a roller blind...


and a Roman blind similar to these....




for my back door!

Sorted!

All I have to do now is finish making them!!!

Thank you for all your lovely offers of wonderful fabric and linens.
You are all so wonderful and kind.
A special Thank you to Linda from TabbyRoo,
Sandie from Sandie's Patch
and Carol who doesn't have her own blog but loves reading all our bloggy news!
(These are lovely people who have kindly sent me some beautiful bits and bobs so far)

As an additional project,
I've decided to have  a go at crocheting an edging for the blind...
so watch this space!

Well my lovelies, I'm afraid I'm going to have to leave you all
and pop the kettle on for a lovely cuppa!

I'm going to leave you with these cheery carnations that are making me smile today
 to brighten everyone on this dreary grey day....



Did it do the trick?
Are you smiling too?

Til next time my lovelies....
Have a lovely week!

~Karen~
x x x

19 comments:

  1. lovely curtains.....look forward to seeing them up!xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a refreshing bright post Karen on such a dull January day .... thank you x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Karen, Thanks so much for the lovely welcome back, and a Happy 'Belated' New Year to you. I like the sound of a crochet edged blind, I will look forward to seeing that. And what a lucky girl to have your very own summerhouse, we will need to see lots of pictures!!!!! Thumbs down to your health problems X

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't wait to see all your projects coming together.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can't wait to see the curtains up!
    Love the cabin! Are you going to paint it white, like the one in your previous postings?
    The carnations are lovely too.

    Sandie xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Can't wait to see the end result! Love the dresser, it is gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely colourful and happy post Karen on such a dreadfully dull day! I still haven't got round to even venturing in my studio to sort some fabric for you as I have just been feeling too rough. Will try this week if you still need some?

    ReplyDelete
  8. how wonderful ;0)x
    lovely to see your patchwork squares, beautiful x
    love the garden summer house- how exciting ;0)
    its the stuff of dreams to meeee xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oooooooohhh what a lot of lovely things to look forward to!!! That summerhouse is gorgeous, the dresser is too, and your plans for your home & those sketches - well, 'Ideal Home' may be wanting to do an article!!!
    Healthwise, I hope you feel a lot better & have a great week : )

    Hugs (((( )))))

    Sharon xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. these are gorgeous pictures, Karen. I love love the lettering in your kitchen!
    Have a sweet evening and a happy start to the new week. xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Posted some fabric to you on Friday - hope it is of use

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love your pretty blog and your fabulous designs. The patchwork curtains will be great. Each little square of fabric has it's own charm.
    Happy New Year to you!

    ReplyDelete
  13. the cabin is amazing and the dresser - lucky girl, cant wait to see the curtains XX

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy New Year! Glad you liked the cloth, I wasn't entirely sure if it was the sort of thing you were after, but figured you would probably put it to some good use Linda xx Fabulous summerhouse xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. What wonderful purchases...isn't it great to spoil yourself once in a while?! Oh how sweet the colors are in your images today. I love those "letters" and your fabric for your curtains.
    P.S. I noticed your FM survivor button. My sister was diagnosed with FM last year and is still learning to manage life with it...

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Karen, glad the material arrived safely, hope it will be of use (only spotted size you needed after I posted package!) Looking forward to seeing the final results.
    I'm sure your dresser will look beautiful. How exciting, a summerhouse - you'll be needing more curtains!
    Yes, I do love the blogs, always something to make me smile and I do so admire all the wonderful creations.
    Carol xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. I threw the sweet Karen-notes in the big giveaway hat, fingers crossed for YOU!
    Have a lovely evening xxx

    ReplyDelete
  18. your home is so pretty i absolutely love it especially 'Daisy' and i too can't wait for the delivery of your summer house, will just love seeing what you are going to do with it.

    i do hope your health will be much improved soon and send healing thoughts xxx

    many many thanks to you for your lovely comments on my blog, you are such an angel xxx

    warmest hugs

    millie

    ReplyDelete
  19. hi Karen xxx well , now! A summer house, how exciting ...can't wait to see pics of how it looks at your place when it's in position ! In the spring it will be looking lovely with all your spring bulbs coming up too .... think of all the inspiation you'll get from looking out across the garden , lovely ! xxx

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your lovely comments!
Bless you all for taking the time to leave one today.....
You are all such lovely peeps!
Tilly x x x

google-site-verification: googleff90964752852e3d.html